Energy Management Group
An energy management system is a set of procedures aiming at optimizing the use of available energy resources. A saving potential of 10-25% of the total energy consumption after implementation of an energy management system is a realistic goal. The easiest, fastest, cheapest and most environmentally friendly way to get more energy is to reduce energy waste. This can be done in two ways: reduce energy consumption by changing our life styles and improve energy efficiency.
GRC assists industrial enterprises in implementing energy management systems, which integrate energy efficient planning, design and procurement with computerized process control based on collected energy data.
Our services also include energy audits, which enable the clients to record the actual level of energy consumption, to point out areas with significant heat losses and to indicate potentials for improving the energy efficiency.
GRC offers the services of experienced energy auditors and energy management specialists.
The research work of the group focuses on:
· Energy Management
· Load Management
· Restructured power system operation and control
· The development of new approaches to improving power quality
· The distributed power generations
Group Leader : Dr. sharam J adid, Ph.D. of Electrical Engineering
· Senior researcher ( selected by World Energy Council, National Energy Committee of Islamic Republic of Iran, May 2005)
· Member of Board of Directors-Iran Energy Association
· Head of Center of Excellence for Power System Automation and Operation
· Fuzzy control of refrigerant systems.
· Feasibility study for implementation of building management systems.
· Load management in Fars Regional Electric Company’s Industrial Customers.
· Design & implementation of microprocessor based measurement system.
· Design & implementation of microprocessor based capacitor bank regulator.
· Energy audit in Pak Diary Factory.
· Energy audit in Karoun Agricultural and Industry.
· Energy audit in Pars Paper Manufacturing Company.
· Typical industry loss minimization and peak reduction.
· Energy audit and management in Irankhodro’s Press Shop, Machine Shop and Paint Shop.
· Energy audit and management in Machine manufacturing Company in Arak.
· Design & implementation of Energy audit system in Irankhodro Company.
· Electric parameter measurement systems standardization guidance.
· Reactive power planning through optimized capacitor/reactor placement in South-East Electric Power System.